Thursday, February 25, 2010
Truth Be Told
It's hard to write when you don't have a guide, just like it's hard to succeed in life when you don't know what your goal is. I find a lot of things are harder than I ever gave them credit for, but I'm learning just as I did when I was younger. And of course that makes me wonder when do you reach the point where you are wise enough to stop learning and relax. And how do you race toward that finish line? And then that leads to my thought that I hope I'm cool when I'm old and not just all wise and forthcoming. I hope to be the old grandma who has watergun fights, tells her grandchildren she was a stripper, and has wheelchair races when I don't even need a wheelchair. I don't want to lose my humor or imagination with age, I'd like to grow wiser and smarter, but I don't want to lose things about me that I love, even if no one else loves them. I hope I can retain my childlike excitement when it rains and the urge to dance in it. I hope I can keep my amazement at the beauty of trees and nature, the need to capture them in a picture. I hope I can hold on to the crazy thoughts I have and the way I imagine certain things. I hope I can still get excited by an oversized stuffed Giraffe and Bubble wrap. I never want to lose my love and wonder for the world around me. I don't want to take a single thing for granted. I hope I can remember that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment